THE ORIGINAL, APOSTOLIC GOOD NEWS
from Jesus and his Apostles
Download this as a .pdf document
Quotations A Quotations B
Acts 3:18-19, 26
44 [Jesus] said to them, "These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled. "45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead,47 and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high. "
"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know---23 this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. 24 God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. 25 For David says concerning him, "'I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, "'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand, 35 until I make your enemies your footstool. ' 36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified. "
37Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
13 The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus, whom you delivered over and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release him. 14 But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you,15 and you killed the Author of life, whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses.
18 What God foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ would suffer, he thus fulfilled. 19 Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out,
26 God, having raised up his servant, sent him to you first, to bless you by turning every one of you from your wickedness. "
29 Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him. "
Quotations B Quotations A
Acts 13:28-33, 37-39
1 Cor. 15:1-8
38 God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree, 40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, 41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name. "
28 Though they found in him no guilt worthy of death, they asked Pilate to have him executed. 29 And when they had carried out all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree and laid him in a tomb. 30 But God raised him from the dead,31 and for many days he appeared to those who had come up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people. 32 And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers,33 this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus, as also it is written in the second Psalm, "'You are my Son, today I have begotten you.'
37 But he whom God raised up did not see corruption. 38 Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you,39 and by him everyone who believes is freed from everything...
2 Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,3 explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, "This Jesus, whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ."
29 Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man. 30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead. "
17 The Gentiles---to whom I am sending you 18 to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me. ' 19 "Therefore, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,20 but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and also to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance. 21 For this reason the Jews seized me in the temple and tried to kill me. 22 To this day I have had the help that comes from God, and so I stand here testifying both to small and great, saying nothing but what the prophets and Moses said would come to pass:23 that the Christ must suffer and that, by being the first to rise from the dead, he would proclaim light both to our people and to the Gentiles. "
1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you---unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.
· Promised sent the Holy Spirit Lk 24.49 Ac 2.33
· Attested, anointed, appointed worked through Jesus Ac 2.22 10.38 10.42 17.31
· Plan & foreknowledge Ac 2.23 foretold 3.18
· Raised glorified exalted Jesus Ac 2.4 2.32 3.15 3.26 3.34 10.40 13.30
· Chose witnesses Ac 10.41, helps them 26.22
· Commands repentance Ac 17.30
· Spoke this message Lk 24.44
· His Name to all nations Lk 24.47, forgiveness of sins Ac 10.42
· Worked wonders and signs, delivering from the devil Ac 2.22 10.38
· Lord and Christ Ac 2.36
· God’s Servant Ac 3.13
· Holy and righteous One Ac 3.14
· Author of life Ac 3.15
· God’s Messiah Lk 24.46 Ac 3.18 17.3 26.23 1Co 15.3
· Leader and Savior Ac 5.31
· Judge of the living and the dead Ac 10.32 17.31
· No guilt worthy of death Ac 13.28
· “You are my Son” Ac 13.36
· Risen Christ sends the Spirit, power from on high Lk 24.49 Ac 2.33
· Poured out with signs Ac 2.33
· Promised to the repentant Ac 2.38
· Given to those who obey God Ac 5.32
· Jesus’ anointing Ac 10.38
· Scriptures Lk 24.45 Ac 17.2 1Co 15.3 & 4
· All that was written Ac 13.29
· Law, Moses, prophets and Psalms Lk 24.44 Ac 13.32 26.22
· God promised, fulfilled Ac 13.32 13.37
· David Ac 2.25 2.34
· All the prophets Ac 3.18 10.42
· Suffered Lk 24.48 Ac 3.18 17.3 26.23
· Delivered up, over Ac 2.23 3.14
· Crucified Ac 2.23 2.36
· Killed Ac 2.23 3.15, on a tree Ac 5.30
· Denied Ac 3.13 & 14
· Put to death by hanging on a ‘tree’ Ac 10.39
· From the tree to a tomb Ac 13.29
· From the dead Ac 17.31
· Died 1Co 15.3
· Rise from the dead on the third day Lk 24.46, God Ac 10.40 13.30 & 32 17.3 & 31, 1Co 15.4
· God raised loosing the pangs of death Ac 2.24
· God raised up Ac 2.32, from the dead Ac 13.34, his servant Ac 13.26, Father Ac 5.30
· Sit on my right hand Ac 2.34
· God glorified Ac 3.13
· God raised him, he did not see corruption Ac 13.37
· Assurance to all Ac 17.31
· Jesus said to them… Lk 24.44
· Exalted to the right-hand of God Ac 2.33 & 34 5.31
· God made him appear Ac 10.40, glorified him Ac 3.13
· Appeared to chosen witnesses Ac 10.40 & 41
· For many days Ac 13. 31
· (Paul’s) heavenly vision Ac 26.19
· (Jesus) appeared to Cephas, Twelve, 500, James, all the apostles, Paul 1Co 15.5-8
· (Apostles) Jesus raised Ac 2.32 3.15 10.39
· These things Ac 5.32
· Ate and drank with him after raised Ac 10.41
· Commanded to preach Ac 10.42, to the people Ac 13.31
· Proclaim Ac 17.3, testify Ac 26.22, preach 1 Cor 15.2
· (Human) sins Lk 24.47 Ac 2.38 3.19 10.43 13.38 26.18 1Co 15.3
· Delivered, denied, crucified and killed the messiah Ac 2.23 & 36 etc.
· Wickedness 3.26
· Oppressed by the devil Ac 10.38
· Imagining God to be like an idol, times of ignorance Ac 17.29 & 30
· Darkness, the power of Satan Ac 26.18
· To be proclaimed to all nations Lk 14.47
· Repent and be baptized Ac 2.38
· Repent and turn again Ac 3.19
· (Messiah) blesses by turning every one of you Ac 3.36
· (Messiah) gives repentance to Israel Ac 5.31
· Everyone who believes in him Ac 10.43 13.39
· God commands all everywhere to repent Ac 17.30
· Turn from darkness Ac 26 18, faith in me Ac 26.18
· Turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with repentance Ac 26.20
· You received and believed 1Co 15.1 & 2
· Hold fast to the word 1Co 15.2
· Forgiveness of sins Lk 24.47 Ac 2.38 5.31 10.43 13.38 26.18, through his Name Ac 10.43
· Gift of the Holy Spirit Ac 2.38
· Your sins blotted out Ac 3.19
· Blessed by being turned from wickedness Ac 3.26
· Healing those oppressed by the devil Ac 10.38
· Freed from everything Ac 13.39
· A place amongst those who are sanctified Ac 26.18
· Being saved 1Co 15.2
· All nations Lk 24.47, God’s offspring Ac 17.29, people everywhere Ac 17.30
· Men of Israel Ac 2.22 5.30, hose of Israel Ac 2.36, our people Ac 26.23
· Every one of you Ac 2.38
· (Sons of the ) fathers Ac 3.13 5.30
· Those who obey him Ac 5.32
· Jews and Jerusalem Ac 10.39, the people 10.42, Judea Ac 26. 20
· Everyone who believes in him Ac 10.43, 13.39
· Gentiles Ac 26.17 26.20 & 23, Damascus Ac 26. 20
1. This is the Good News that Jesus commanded and that his apostles announced.
2. God has fulfilled all that his prophets foretold in the Scriptures would come to pass.
3. God sent Jesus to be his promised Messiah. God anointed Jesus with his Holy Spirit and with power. Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil.
4. Although Jesus was the holy and righteous one, lawless men killed him by crucifixion. It was God’s plan for his Messiah, the Author of Life, to suffer and to be put to death, for human sins. Afterwards, men buried his body in a tomb.
5. Three days afterwards, God raised his servant Jesus from death back to life, and Jesus appeared for many days to many men who knew him. God has given assurance to all men but exalting Jesus up into heaven as Leader and Savior.
6. God now commands everyone everywhere to repent from his wickedness, and to turn from the power of Satan to God. Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. God will forgive you of your sins through Jesus’ name. All who believe in Jesus are freed from everything, and Jesus makes them clean. he will also raise them back to life, when he returns.
8. God is going to judge all people everywhere, by Jesus whom he appointed Judge of the living and the dead. Jesus has commanded his followers to tell this message to all kinds of people everywhere.
9. After Jesus rose from death, he appeared to those who had lived with him and saw him being exalted to the right hand of God. God chose these men to serve as witnesses to these things.
10. God gives his promised Holy Spirit, with power, to those who obey Jesus.